Friday, January 11, 2008

Questionable Commitment

This week has flown by. I can't believe it's Friday already!

Let me start by saying this:
I've not blogged at all but it was on my to do list. I've never had a blog admittedly because of the commitment level you really need to make it worthwhile. But I do like it. So I'm going to manage my expectations and blog a minimum of once a week.

Here's what's happening now. I'm on the Master Cleanse. I decided I'd do it for 5 days. Then I got word yesterday that I'd be attending a client dinner at the end of next week. That would take the cleanse right up to the dinner, which is not ideal because I'll want to eat. You know client dinners - we eat well. And I can't imagine what I'd do. Just sit there and drink my lemonade? Hmm. Na, but I still had to do the cleanse because I'd committed to it a couple of weeks ago.

So I started yesterday, Thursday. I've done this before, so I had the grade B maple syrup, Cayenne and purchased many many lemons. I have a small Cuisinart juicer and a nice size portable container for the concaution. I love the taste of the lemonade.

Day One & Two were a success. But wait, I have to say that I "cheated". I did have a light plate @ 7pm last night. Chickpeas, roasted asparagus and steamed broccoli. Not bad. I drank the Smooth Move and @ 5:30, 6:45 & 7:00, my little dinner was history. The cramps were payback for it though.

Did NOT do the saltwater flush when I woke up because I didn't feel like worrying about the state of my intestines on the dog walk or worse, on the subway during morning rush hour. However, I am going to do it tomorrow since it's Sat morning.

SIDE BAR: The boy called tonight. Said some things that stressed me and it made me want to eat. He knows I'm turning a corner. Things a no where where they once were. I still love him as a man and a friend, but R. Kelly said it..."when a woman's fed up..."

And the work place. Wow, it's very busy right now. But I do have plans to make a very big move soon, so I know this is par for the course. Everything is. But I don't have to make food the putty that holds it all together.

So between prayer, my lemonade and really working on strengthening my commitment, I can do this.

PG-13 part
Moving matter already. Stomach is flatter and I feel good and it's day two. Lost 4 pounds, mostly water weight, but I'll take it!

let's see how this goes...

No comments: