Friday, December 28, 2007

Out the gate...

...and I'm already late. Woke up late so I didn't make it to the gym until 12, but I got there.
I prayed a lot through the day, asking God to keep me serious and on track.

For my first of four meals, at 10am, I made scrambled eggs (cooked with Butter Pam) and a piece of whole grain toast. Drank a liter of water before and another during the workout.

@ the Gym - just getting back into so I didn't push myself. There were no classes during the time I was there so I worked out by myself...30 minutes on the treadmill averaging 4.3 alternating between walking and jogging. Stretched well and hit the circuit training area. 2 reps of 15 @ 20lbs. for everything legs and arms related for now. Stretched and came home. I'm going back tomorrow. Just for cardio or maybe I'll make it to a class.

Meal # 2 - @ 2:30pm Pan fried fresh shrimp in olive oil, garlic & pepper sprinkled with walnut pieces & organic raspberry vinegarette on a bed of greens. A side of sliced cucumber with spicy hummus, followed by a glass of water made the meal light but almost filling. I still had the urge to feel "full" so I found myself in the roasted peanut bag, grabbing a handful. STOP IT. I'm NOT supposed to feel FULL. Okay. Stop eating. Please.

Another glass of water. I'm okay now.

Meal #3 - @ 6:00 - broiled sea bass with a side of asparagus, mushrooms, red peppers & egg plant stir fried in garlic, olive oil & pepper. I'll admit the eggplant and mushrooms were a little blan, but the asparagus roasted in then oven just long enough to stayed a little crunchy and the fish was excellent. Not ready to break away from frying up stuff, so stirfrys will stay.

Between meals, now I'm up to another liter of water, that's my 64 oz.

Meal #4 @ 10pm - tuna salad (Starkist in water, celery, scallions, black pepper, in low fat mayo with Omega oils + a little wasabi for a kick). Another side of cucumbers a spicy hummus.


I LOVE calorie-count.com. Breaks down your calorie intake and very easy to use. Here's what today looked like logged on to the site:

So today added up to 1426 calories. I wasn't really hungry by the third meal and by the forth, I'm eating well but in a small portion.





Don't worry if you think that's not healthy. The site gave me a grade of an A on nutrition:




And with the calories I burned at the gym and on the dog walks:


The total calories count drops to 926 calories. What?? Hold on, I gotta pee again...ok I'm back.
So now what?? Less than 1000 calories burned and I'm not even hungry. I have lots of energy. Hmm. This is when I'd probably allow myself to make up for the calories I lost by screwing it up and eating something that's 500 calories. But that would be so stupid and I;m not even hungry. It would be thoughtless eating, which I am moving away from.

Good job today. What's in store for tomorrow? The 10:30 body conditioning class? I'm sore now from the little stuff I lifted today. The gym is brand new but they only have ONE studio for classes. The 10:30 is probably crowded and it leads right into Hatha yoga @ 11:30, same studio. If I get in on the 10:30, I'll have an automatic space for the yoga. Ok, that's the plan. We're good.

Thank you Lord for this blessed day that brought about a renewed sense of control and a stronger spirit. I feel peaceful. I know my body is my temple, it the only one you've given me. I am working on it with your guidance as the ultimate trainer and nutritionist, blessing my every movement and mouthful. I look forward to continuing this pathway should you bless me with another day.

Amen


No comments: