Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Immediate Meltdown


Saturday. Beautiful morning in NYC. Today I want cleanse my insides, so it's fruits, nuts, salads and water all day. So I started off with 45 minutes of a brisk walk with the boys after I woke up and only had a bowl of strawberries. Wasn't really hungry. Berries were sweet and I added slice almonds. Yum. Then 4 hours later, still wasn't very hungry. Had an apple and a kiwi little bit of tuna salad to get a bit of protein. Off to a good start.


My next door neighbor invited me over for a little cocktail party. Hmm. Cocktails?? On a diet? First thought is that drinking is probably NOT a great idea tonight. But that's cool. So by 4pm, I left out to get my hair done. Sitting under the dryer, I became very very hungry. I had to stop by the liquor store to get a bottle of wine for tonight's host. So I thought I'd probably want to at least have a glass of wine, but I'd have to line my stomach to make sure to not get twisted over one glass of Riesling. PLUS there were the inevitable horduves and I didn't want to be hungry around the Gouda tray. So what was I going to eat? What's close and quick AND HEALTHY?

At 7pm, I stopped off at the Chinese food spot with FULL intentions of ordering a steamed broccoli and chicken. And what happened next is inexplicable.

Without stuttering, I ordered a pint of pork fried rice and an egg roll. The few minutes that it took to make are a blur, obviously for convenience of escaping the guilt. Took it home and chowed down. Okay, I'm lying when I say I wasn't thinking about it...I was screaming at myself inside of my head. WHAT AM I DOING??????? AND WHY????? STOP IT!!!!!

And I did stop...after polishing off the egg roll and two bowls of the PFR. It was over. Okay, so now the real pain begins...two hours from now I'm expected to squeeze into my skinny jeans that had lost that title 7 pounds ago. So, I dug around the pantie drawer and pulled out what was to be the death of what could have been a lovely evening. My SPANX. (for those of you that don't know what SPANX are, let me enlighten you...they are a brand of a whole line of "pull-it-together spandex underwear that was endorsed by Queen Oprah) Typically, SPANX are a life and wardrobe saver, but tonight, under my already too tight skinny jeans...not a good look or feel.

To the untrained, I looked great. But the truth was I was sooooo freakin' FULL, UNCOMFORTABLE and TIGHT. I snatched a few bites and had one drink. Thank God the neighbor was literally next door. I stayed for about two hours and came home to let it all hang out.


Exhale.


SUNDAY MORNING
Let's start again. Two scrambled eggs and a piece of whole grain toast...I'm off to church. A nice lunch with broiled bass and salad plus two power walks with the dogs later, I'm back on track.

I have to remember the end goal! Creative visualization truly helps...visualize, visualize...



No comments: